OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Your privacy is extremely important to us. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our websites, we track certain information that is non-personally identifiable. Data is collected in aggregate and anonymously, which may include the type of Internet browser you use, the type of computer operating system you have, the pages you visit on our websites, and how you arrived at our websites.
Personally Identifiable Information
The personally identifiable information that you voluntarily provide is used in order to conduct particular transactions on or with our websites including room reservations. The information we collect may include name, address, birth date, telephone number, email address and, credit card information.
A cookie is a small file that contains information sent by a website that is saved on your hard drive by your computer’s browser. Cookies store information that a website may need to personalize your experience and to gather website statistical data, such as which pages you visit, what material you download, your Internet provider’s domain name and country, and the addresses of websites you visit immediately before and after visiting a particular website.
To browse the Internet and our websites without cookies, you can configure your browser to reject all cookies, or to notify you when each cookie is offered so that you can either accept or reject each cookie. You may not be able to conduct some transactions or use some services on our websites if you do decide to disable your browser from accepting cookies.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personally identifiable information about you in order to provide you with a personalized web experience. We use your contact data to send you information about our properties and current promotions, and to contact you when necessary. We use your financial data for billing of products and services. Your demographic data is used to customize your site experience and to deliver specific content that may be of interest to you.
SHARING OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any personally identifiable information obtained through our websites without your consent unless required to do so by law. We may disclose personally identifiable information in order to: (1) enforce our Website Agreements; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of 505 West Grape St, LLC; (3) comply with a court order or other legal process or legal requirements of any governmental authorities, including but not limited to, authorities which regulate the renting or leasing of space; or (4) in the sole discretion of 505 West Grape St, LLC, in exceptional circumstances, such as a national emergency, security concern, or other situation in which we deem such disclosure is prudent.
CHOICE REGARDING PROVIDING INFORMATION
General information is collected whenever you browse our websites. Our websites do not provide any means for opting out of providing general information when you browse our websites. However, privacy software that prevents the disclosure of general information is commercially available.
You can browse our websites without providing any personally identifiable information. However, providing personally identifiable information is required to use some of the services offered through our websites, including, but not limited to, making reservations, signing up for promotions, or participating in sweepstakes.
You can opt out of receiving certain communications and offers. Opt out options will be indicated when they are available.
General information and personally identifiable information collected by our websites is stored on secure servers. The secure servers are protected by firewalls and other standard security procedures. The secure servers are not generally accessible by unauthorized third parties, but could become accessible in the event of a security breach. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that we will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Effective Date: December 2017
This privacy statement applies to sandiego.foundhotels.com, owned and operated by Found Hotel San Diego. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: sandiego.foundhotels.com. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We might amend this privacy statement from time to time, so visit this page regularly to stay up to date.
The type of personal information we collect.
The types of personal information that we collect include:
- Your first name, last name, email address, phone number, and home address;
- Credit card details (type of card, credit card number, name on card, expiration date, and security code);
- Guest stay information, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, observations about your service preferences (including room preferences, facilities or any other services used);
- Information you provide regarding your marketing preferences or in the course of participating in surveys, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics and latitude/longitude details. When you make a reservation, our system registers through which means and from which websites you have made your reservation. If this data can identify you as a natural person, this data is considered personal information which is subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose what personal information (if any) you want to provide to us. If you decide not to provide certain details, however, some of your transactions with us may be impacted.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online reservation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service.
- Guest Reviews: We may use your contact information to invite you by email to write a guest review after your stay. This can help other travelers to select the accommodations that fit them best.
- Marketing Activities: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we get in touch by email, mail, phone or by texting you, depending on the contact information you share with us. There could be a number of reasons for this:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- If you have not finalized a reservation online, we may email you a reminder to continue with your reservation. We believe that this additional service is useful to you because it allows you to carry on with a reservation without having to search for the accommodations again or fill in all the reservation details from scratch.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review of your experience with our website.
- Legal Purposes: In certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance.
- Fraud Detection and Prevention: We may use your personal information for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improving Our Services: Finally, we use your personal information for analytical purposes, to improve our services, to enhance the user experience, and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract: The use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you have with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online reservation, we'll use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and manage that reservation under the contract that we have with you.
- Legitimate Interests: We may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as providing you with the best appropriate content for the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes.
- Consent: We may rely on your consent to use your personal information for certain direct marketing purposes. You can withdraw your consent anytime by contacting us at any of the addresses at the end of this Privacy Statement.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
- Booking.com: We have teamed up with Booking.com B.V., located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, The Netherlands (www.booking.com) (hereafter Booking.com) to offer you our online reservation services. While we provide the content to this website and you make a reservation directly with us, the reservations are processed through Booking.com. The information you enter into this website will therefore also be shared with Booking.com and its affiliates. This may include personal information such as your name, your contact details, your payment details, the names of guests traveling with you and any preferences you specified when making a booking. To find out more about the Booking.com corporate family, visit About Booking.com.
- BookingSuite: Your personal information may be shared with BookingSuite B.V. located at Herengracht 597, 1017 CE Amsterdam, the Netherlands (suite.booking.com), the company which operates this website. BookingSuite will provide your personal information to Booking.com for the purposes described above.
- Third-party Service Providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information strictly on our behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservation payments, sending out marketing material or for analytical support services. These processors are bound by confidentiality clauses and are not allowed to use your personal data for their own purposes or any other purpose.
- Competent Authorities: We disclose personal information to law enforcement and other governmental authorities insofar as it is required by law or is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide services to you, comply with applicable laws (including those regarding document retention), resolve disputes with any parties and otherwise as necessary to allow us to conduct our business. All personal information we retain will be subject to this privacy statement.
What security procedures are put in place to safeguard your personal data?
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, we observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access to, and the misuse of, personal data. We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions for accessing and using the personal data on our servers. Only authorized personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
How can you control your personal information?
You always have the right to review the personal information we keep about you. You can request an overview of your personal data by emailing us at the email address stated below. Include "Request personal information" in the subject line of your email to speed things up.
You can also contact us if you believe that the personal information we have for you is incorrect, if you believe that we are no longer entitled to use your personal data, or if you have any other questions about how your personal information is used or about this Privacy Statement. Email or write to us using the contact details below. We will handle your request in accordance with the applicable data protection law.
Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Found Hotel San Diego, 505 West Grape Street, Downtown San Diego, San Diego, CA 92101, United States of America. If you have any suggestions or comments about this privacy statement, send an email to email@example.com.